This fine weather is forecasted to change with a cold front coming, serious sounding T’storms and squalls on Friday. We leave Governor’s Harbour in Eleuthera at 3:15 am Thursday. The wind which was forecast to blow 12-15 kts from the SW is already blowing 15+. By the time we get to Current Cut it is blowing 20+ with 2-3’ following seas which is not too bad, Sylken Sea likes a following sea. Another surprise are a line of squalls off of Florida heading our way. We keep an eye on them with the XM and thankfully, before 11 am, they are breaking up as we round the point off of Egg & Royal Islands leaving Eleuthera behind. The wind continues to increase to 20-25 kts, and the seas are building. We're glad they're mostly on the stern. With 4-6’ seas we run 1600 rpm. Everything is secured so north we go to Abaco. Usually, we would not make a run like that with guests on board but Ken & Carol take it all in stride. No problems “mon”, they've already got their sea legs.
Tuesday, April 3, 2012
Monday, April 2, 2012
Crossing to Eleuthera with Ken and Carol on board. We've got the lines out and nothing is happening, that is until the captain goes to use the head. By the time I return Ken M. declares “out of line!’ then, snap! We just got spooled, a large tuna we think.